Yet Another Wellness / Fitness blog!

I plan to start blogging about my experiences to improve my health, wellness, and fitness. As most of you probably know, I am very much interested in activities such as walking and hiking. Initially, my blogs will be focused on those areas. Just to give you a background, I have been using Wellcore's activity monitoring device (early incarnation of NewYu: Check out http://newyu.com) for over last year and I have walked more 1053 miles (over 2 million steps) from July 2010 to end of June 2011. That's almost a round trip to San Diego from bay area or a one way trip to Grand Junction, CO!

I would say that I have seen many subtle health benefits over the past year, like my higher fitness level, reduced cholesterol levels, etc. Now I am tracking all my activities by NewYu, my connected fitness monitor.  It also allows me to track my food/diet. Furthermore, I have tightened my fitness and wellness goals. While achieving those goals, I will take you to some exotic local hiking places in Bay Area. Stay tuned.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mt. Diablo State Park

Windy Hill Open Space Reserve

Lake Ilsanjo, Annadel State Park